Monday, September 21, 2009

A fitness fanatic



15 minute on the treadmill… Ok, another 5 more…

I can’t believe he made me work ‘till nine last night! That’s three days in a row, twice this month… Five workout sessions sacrificed. Shit. That’s two more than last month. And the month isn’t even over yet.

2 minute cool down.

Ok, focus. That’s why I missed my target. Never mind, I can make it up if I double up on the – what am I saying? If this carries on, my entire workout schedule will be thrown out the window. I’ll have to start looking for another job. Damn. Just when I found a nice nine-to-five job, it turns into nine-to-nine.

Where’s the barbells now? Ah, here. 2kg… 4kg… 8kg… Ah, Ok. Here we go. Hmmm…. Can I handle a superset? … Yup.

Might as well make up for yesterday, right? Five session! Five! What is he – mad? Why does he always have to pick on me? He can pass it to Jackie – Jackie’s way more qualified than me – but always, always make me the one to stay back and run through the figures with him. And always have to leave it to pass six. Can’t even wrap up earlier. What a dumb #$%@.

Aargh! Stretch it out. Stretch it out. Hang in there. I can do this. Pull-downs are supposed to be the easiest. My body’s only in shock because of the missed sessions. On to the Bicep Curls now. Three sets. 12 reps. And go!

Now where was I? Oh yeah. Making me work late without OT and buying me dinner to compensate. Doesn’t he know gym time is way more valuable than any Victoria Station dinner? And all that fat in the steak. Doesn’t he know anything about healthy eating? Geez.

Ok, time for some Lat Raises. 6kg? Mmm… better stick to 4kg. This is what happens when you do irregular workouts. No improvements!

And what is with having dinner so far away from the office? If you’re really desperate to finish the work and meet the deadline, we can just have dinner downstairs at the mamak. 15 minutes flat guaranteed. Why waste so much time and money going to eat so far away? Why bother eating at a nice place on a Friday night. Things like that you only do if you’re…. If you’re…

Oh, shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment